As human beings, we are always in the process of creating…whether it’s a job, a relationship, a new opportunity or simply something more. In fact, as long as we are alive, we are always creating. However, the main point to keep in mind is “what exactly are we creating?”
Take a moment to look around at your life. Do you feel satisfied right now? Are you happy with your circumstances? If not, then it’s important to understand “how” you are creating these results. With that in mind, the key factor here is to create consciously rather than unconsciously. When you consciously create you can get positive results. When you create unconsciously, the results are hit-or-miss. If you are getting mixed results, then you must consider that you are not being fully conscious and focused when you are in the process of creating. When this happens it is easy for limiting beliefs to sneak in and sidetrack your best intentions.
After all, we have been pre-programmed, usually by those who raised or taught us with beliefs, attitudes and judgments, which make us who we are today. Unfortunately, those viewpoints are not always positive and affirming. When we unconsciously create by applying those past limiting beliefs to our present day decisions and circumstances, it causes us to produce less than desirable outcomes.
The way to overcome this is to practice being conscious in your daily life. Learn to be fully aware of what you are looking to create. Then think of the beliefs that you will need to support that outcome. Take the time to focus on those beliefs many times during the day. This requires consistency and discipline, especially at the beginning because you are literally paving new pathways in your brain. However, over time this becomes second nature, something like a habit. The main difference here is that you are developing a good habit rather than an unsupportive one.
To further assist you, use the following tips that are designed to increase your level of consciousness:
- Make the commitment to becoming more fully conscious.
- Practice being the “witness” in your own life.
- Learn to “press your internal pause button”…in other words, slow down and take more time to process information before proceeding with decisions.
- Live your life by being proactive rather than reactive.
- Be more present in the moment.
- Stop multi-tasking! Focus, focus, focus.
- Be honest and accountable to yourself and others.
- Keep your body fueled with healthy food; minimizing sugar, fat and caffeine.
- Steer clear of any activities that are used for avoidance or escapism such as overeating, shopping, drinking, smoking, watching TV, etc.
- Write out your thoughts in a journal in order to gain clarity.
- Follow a daily meditation practice, which is a classic tool for raising consciousness. Ommm…