Energy – our fuel for life! Our bodies are filled with energy. And it’s a must if you want to achieve business success and financial goals. Energy is the basis of our lives. Think of your energy as being in a bank account. You’re either adding to your account or you’re subtracting from it. And throughout the day, various internal and external influences cause shifts in this account. These continuous fluctuations affect your physical and emotional state of being. Therefore, having too many factors that take away your energy will leave you feeling tired and depleted, hindering your ability to affect change and achieve your goals.
Having a full “energy account” feels grounding, allowing you to be completely present and connected to your physical body. Your state of health requires you to retain an adequate energy level. And your ability to maintain that level is highly influenced by your capacity to be fully present in your body and connected to yourself. This is your point of power. When this internal power is reduced our ability to create successful outcomes in our lives is affected. The opposite holds true when you regain this power. You feel alive, positive and vibrant. And it’s this state of being that is the perfect foundation for creating your path to success.
Your ability to sustain this state of energy is the secret to a happy life. Let’s look at the following conditions that affect your energy status:
1. Attitude and mood are everything. Joy, love and happiness will add to your energy while the lower emotions of anger, resentment, sadness and powerlessness will detract from it.
2. Focusing too much on the past or thinking too much about the future takes away your energy.
3. Harboring old resentments will deplete your energy because part of you is holding onto an old situation. The key to getting back your energy is forgiveness.
4. Avoid energy vampires. You know those people who speak negatively and project neediness. They will drain you every time.
5. Keeping a lot of old “stuff” and clutter in your home or office will drain you. De-clutter, organize, and toss out anything that is no longer needed in order to regain your energy.
6. Living your life true to your values without compromising yourself will fortify your energy level. Going against your ethics will cause you to feel an energy drain.
7. Your heart’s desire and what you want to do must be in alignment with your will and what you think you should do. If there’s a conflict between the two, your energy will be depleted. Therefore, doing something against your will such as saying “yes” when you really want to say “no” will negatively affect you.
8. Improper diet, lack of sleep, and inactivity leads to energy loss. On a daily basis, it’s important to eat healthy, get proper rest and engage in moderate exercise.
9. Playing the victim and feeling as though things always happen just to you will take away your energy. Turn things around by taking responsibility for your life. Be pro-active and don’t take things personally.
10. Participating in activities that you are passionate about will increase your energy. The contrary holds true when you’re engaging in activities that you don’t enjoy as they will feel draining.
11. It’s important to have a career that’s meaningful and satisfying, otherwise over time this will negate your energy.
12. Prayer and meditation are an excellent way to increase your energy.
13. Being outside in nature is another great way to increase your energy level because our natural environment vibrates at a high level.
14. Smiling and laughing are both fun ways to raise your energy.
Refer to this list often throughout the day as a reminder for how you can live up to your fullest energy potential. Tap into your source!
Leave a Reply