How do you keep yourself focused so that you can move closer to your dreams and intentions? For some people this may seem like a daunting task, which is kind of strange considering these thoughts are all positive ideas to think about. However, most people tend to think about what is not working in their life and that usually accounts for the majority of their thoughts. Unfortunately, doing that will only continue to lead them to more of what they don’t want. Since what we focus on grows, we want to start growing the good stuff. So let’s use our power of choice and start focusing on what we want to create in our life.
Remember how you created everything up to this point, it first started out with a concept. You thought about that concept more and more and you created it vividly enough so that you were able to actualize it in your life. Think for a moment about your most recent job. Before you were able to get that position you thought about it first. You pictured yourself in the position and prepared for the interview. You focused on the exciting feelings of having the job and you probably even shared your excitement with other people close to you about how much you wanted that job. Now think about a relationship that you currently have or have had in the past. Remember back to how it all started…you first began to daydream about it. You visualized about that very person and felt the feelings of interacting with them. I bet you even shared these thoughts and feelings with a few people close to you, and before long these thoughts became your reality.
That’s it! Surprisingly simple, but not always easy to follow consistently; and yet, this process can be a whole lot of fun if we allow ourselves permission to enjoy it. There is no need to waste your time and energy on thinking about things that create unhappiness and negativity. Instead, take the opportunity to think about the intentions and goals that make you happy and excited. You have the ability to choose what your mind wants to think about, so make it a thought that works for you, not against you. This is the path toward creating success…staying focused on your vision for your life.
Here are some helpful hints to support this process:
- Everyday, set aside a specific time when you can spend anywhere from 5-15 minutes visualizing your intention or goal.
- Spread the word. Share your intentions with other supportive people. We often speak to others about what is not working in our life, but it’s time to also share our dreams.
- Enlist the help of others. People love to help each other. Keep in mind, they will be more open to helping when they hear your level of excitement and commitment to your goal.
- Whenever you have free time spend that time thinking about your intention. For example, when you are waiting in line for gas or at the bank, etc.
- Write down your intention(s). Having it down on paper makes it more concrete and helps you firm up your commitment to it.
This summer while you are at the beach, you will have the perfect opportunity to daydream as you sit by the ocean. Enjoy!
Leave a Reply